How NOT To Choose a Photographer For Your Wedding
Most couples don’t understand: Choosing the best wedding photographer for your wedding is one of the most impactful choices you will ever make as a couple.
The wedding day will be over in a flash, memory alone can’t be trusted, and your photographs will allow you to relive your wedding FOREVER.
The 3 Dont’s when choosing a wedding photographer
- Don’t choose the busiest photographer. The last thing you want, is to be is one-of- the-two-or-three couples they shot that weekend. It’s your special day, so your photographer should be full of energy and good cheer, not someone who shows up exhausted from a twelve-hour wedding the day before. You deserve your photographer’s 100% effort and passion.
- Don’t choose the photographer based on the lowest price. A deal that is “too good to be true” is always that. The photographer may be working alone and that is the reason the cost is so low. Or they may only be there for the portraits and have a sub come to relieve them, or worse, leave before the end of the party. Remember there are no “do-overs” with wedding photos.
- Don’t choose a photographer who is a family member or a close friend. It’s been written about for decades: Uncle Harry should bring a camera but not be your wedding photographer. You want your friend or family member to be a guest and enjoy your wedding. Your photographer can’t be professionally objective while shooting a wedding if they are talking to all their friends and relatives. The quickest way to lose a friend is to do business with them and you can never lose a family member.
The 6 Do’s when Choosing a wedding photographer
- Do pay close attention to the photographer’s portfolio and look to see if it matches the style, quality, and depth of coverage that you want. Make sure they capture everyone and not just the bride and groom.
- Do meet with the photographer to make sure that you are comfortable with them. You do not have to be best friends but they should make feel relaxed and confident. The best photos come from placing 100% trust in your wedding photographer.
- Do look closely at the photographer’s package and what is included. Does it include a second photographer, who is that second photographer, how long will each photographer shoot? Is there an assistant? When will you receive the proofs? How many finished photos will you have to choose from? Are albums additional? What is the price range for them?
- Do look at the photographer’s social media, what reviews and comments does the photographer have? Ask for referrals.
- Do ask how many weddings has the photographer shot. What is his expertise in the industry: has he won awards or shot any important weddings, speaker at wedding conferences?
- Do shoot an engagement session with your photographer.
We still have spaces available for 2019 & 2020
We would like to showcase our portfolio
Request a Quote today and get a 15% discount on all our wedding proposals
The first 3 couples to book a meeting with us will also receive a Free complete Wedding Guide
Included in our Luxury Wedding Package:
- Engagement photo shoot – 1 Hour
- Guest Book – Hardcover 20 Slides
- Night Shoot – 1 Hour
- Acrylic Designer Photo Album
- 2 x Parent Designer Albums
- Custom Wooden USB Flash Drive
- Photo Booth
- A1 Canvas
- 6 Jumbo Prints Included
- Wedding Highlights Video
- 500 Edited and Retouched photos
Fill in the form to request a quote for one of our wedding packages and receive 15% Off